Jewel Cleaning Services Ltd – Terms & Conditions.
Jewel Cleaning Services is the trading name for Jewel Cleaning Services Ltd, hereby referred to as JCSL.
Health & Safety
1.All chemicals and cleaning products used by JCSL are environmentally friendly
2.JCSL staff have been thoroughly trained in the use of all equipment and chemicals required for their duties, complying with current COSHH regulations and Health and Safety guidelines
3. JCSL will provide all equipment required except for ironing board: when applicable, the client’s Ironing Board will be used .
Please note: JCSL will not use steam mops on wooden floors of any description.
Security / Insurance
- JCSL staff are thoroughly security vetted.
- JCSL carries a £1 million liability insurance. In the event of damages caused by JCSL staff, proportional and considered recompense will be made to the client.
- All staff of JCSL are insured to be appointed key holders. Any keys held do not hold any property identifying marks. Keys are securely stored and signed in and out to the relevant Team Leader each day.
- Where JCSL have been instructed on an end of tenancy clean, any tenants’ belongings left at a rental property will be assumed to be unwanted and will be disposed of.
- Staff will arrive at a Clients premises at the appointed time wearing JCSL uniform / livery.
- If, for any reason, a cleaner is unable to keep an appointment date or time, JCSL will call the client within 30 minutes of the agreed start time and an alternative appointment offered.
- JCSL will not be responsible for any loss of earnings caused by clients waiting in, in the unfortunate event of an appointment not being kept.
- If, on arriving for the agreed cleaning appointment, the staff are unable to gain access through no fault of their own, the client will be charged 50% of the cost of the clean.
- JCSL require a minimum of 1 week’s notice in the event of a client cancelling, changing or postponing an appointment wherever possible, in order to re assign the cleaner to another job. If adequate notice is not given by the client, JCSL are obliged to charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the cleaning price. This does not apply to contract clients.
- All discussions regarding contracts, specifics, pricing and complaints must be directed to Julie Henson-White, Director of JCSL, not the cleaners carrying out the work.
- JCSL will provide an invoice by hand, email or post upon completion of work carried out. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice, unless otherwise agreed with the Director of JCSL.
- A late payment fee of 20% of the outstanding amount, will be applied to any invoice not settled within 5 working days of the ‘due by’ date on the invoice, and cleaning services will be suspended until the account is settled.
- .Any invoice remaining outstanding after this time will be pursued by email or telephone call. If the account is still not settled, JCSL reserve the right to enforce payment of invoice via means of County Court Judgement.
- The preferred method of payment is by BACS transfer, although cash is also accepted. Details of the bank account for bank transfers are shown on the invoice
- Regular domestic clients will be invited to commit to a monthly ‘rolling’ contract, after completing an initial trial. The contract is due for payment by standing order at the beginning of each calendar month.
- All End of Tenancy cleaning requires a 50% deposit to be paid either by BACS transfer, to be cleared in JCSL account, or cash, prior to commencement of cleaning. The remainder is due on completion of the clean.
Termination of agreement
In the event of a client wishing to cancel their cleaning service, JCSL require 2 weeks’ notice, in writing (email is acceptable)
In the event of JCSL terminating a client’s agreement, one week’s notice will be given in writing.
- JCSL staff will be respectful and polite in all dealings with clients. In turn, JCSL will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse towards its staff members.
- JCSL reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Clients will be informed in writing or email, of any changes 30 days before they become effective.
- Any complaints should be made to the Director of JCSL within 48 hours of an incident occurring.